Sriracha Honey Popcorn is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy and totally addictive! Post may contain affiliate links.
If you had to choose a favorite snack, what would you choose? Nuts? Fruit? Cookies? Chips and salsa? The options for snacking are endless. My hands down favorite? Popcorn. I could live on popcorn. I could eat it every single day and never grow tired of it. I love it fresh, hot, buttered, air popped, oil popped, salted, stale, every which way. When my husband goes out of town, I usually have it for dinner!
So, when I received my pre-ordered Infuse: Oil, Spirit, Water by Eric Prum & Josh Williams (which I will be reviewing later!), I immediately marked this Sriracha Honey Popcorn to try. I’m not sure what you’re really infusing here – unless it’s the butter with sriracha and honey, but I’m so glad they included it! If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen my photo from a couple of Saturdays ago, where I was testing this and Strawberry Mint Mojitos. Let’s just say that both were a roaring success.
We were going out to dinner that night because my daughter was coming in town, so we didn’t finish the whole bowl. My daughter ate some when she came into town and then the next night asked me to make it again. It’s that good. I tweaked the recipe just a little. It called for 4 tablespoons of butter with 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels, my usual formula is 2 tablespoons of butter to 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels. I also upped the Sriracha sauce a bit from 1 teaspoon to 2 because we like things a little spicy around here.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 up of popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- sea salt
- Place the honey and butter in an 8 oz mason jar. Microwave uncovered for 30 seconds (mine took 45 seconds). Add the Sriracha and stir.
- Heat the canola oil over medium high heat in a heavy saucepan with a couple of the kernels. As soon as the kernels pop, add the rest of the kernels, cover and shake the pot. When the popping slows, turn off the heat, and uncover when the popcorn completely stops.
- Place the popcorn in a bowl and drizzle over the butter mixture, toss to combine and sprinkle with sea salt.
I’m linking up with: Linky Party @ Lou Lou Girls Treasure Box Tuesday @ Yesterfood The Hearth and Soul Hop @ The 21st Century Housewife Delicious Dish Tuesday @ Full Time Mama Try a Bite Tuesday @ Caleigh’s Kitchen