No need to make a mess frying! These Oven Baked Garlic Fries come out so crispy. Oven Fries are the only way I make French Fries now!
Post may contain affiliate links.
When my girls were little, we used to have homemade baked French fries all the time. For some reason, I haven’t made them in ages. When I used some leftover rotisserie chicken to make a barbecued chicken sandwich, fries just sounded like the perfect accompaniment. I wanted something a little more than just plain fries. We had some garlic fries at a local restaurant that were to die for.
Oven Fries are Lower in Calories
I also figured though that their calorie count was also to die for. Not only were they fried, but then they would drizzled with an olive oil, garlic and parsley sauce. Maybe even some Parmesan cheese. So, yes while they were wonderful, I wanted something a little more calorie friendly. A quick Google Search pulled up several options, but I settled on Ellie Krieger’s Garlic Fries. What I liked about that recipe was that you infused the oil first with the garlic. That was such a genius idea.
French Fries Crispy in the Oven
These baked garlic fries were exactly what I was looking for. The garlic flavor was subtle yet present on all of the fries. The parsley added a nice fresh touch. I didn’t peel my potatoes – a combination of being lazy, plus they were organic, so all they needed was a nice scrub. These were every bit as good as any traditional French fries!
The secret to getting French Fries Crispy in the oven is a high heat and thinly sliced fries. They come out perfect!
Baked Garlic Fries
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 baking potatoes 12 ounces each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Over medium heat, in a small saucepan, heat the garlic and the oil.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch sticks. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and pour the garlic oil over them (holding back the garlic with a spoon). Add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and toss to coat. On a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, spread the potatoes in a single layer. (You may need to use two sheets). Bake until crispy and golden about 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place the potatoes back in the bowl and toss with the reserved garlic and the parsley. Season to taste.
Some other Ellie recipes that you might like: