Want to know how to make Healthy Chicken Meatballs? These Chicken, Lemongrass and Ginger Meatballs are filled with flavor and resting on a bed of tangy slaw make a perfect quick and light dinner!
Post may contain affiliate links, full disclosure on sidebar.
Healthy Chicken Meatballs
Anyone else love meatballs? I love them. You can do so much with the and depending on the flavors you are adding, they can cross all sorts of cuisines. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with the spaghetti and meatballs that we all grew up on, now there are so many different ways to change up your meatball game. Like these Chicken, Lemongrass and Ginger Meatballs. They are lighter, using ground chicken instead of ground beef - and actually I couldn't get any ground chicken so I just used ground turkey.
Easy 30 Minute Dinner!
These meatballs get plenty of flavor from grated ginger, oyster sauce and Thai Chili Sauce (I used my favorite Mae Ploy Thai Chili Sauce). Then you just season with salt and pepper add some breadcrumbs and shape into meatballs. While the meatballs are browning, you make a simple cabbage and carrot slaw. It's especially pretty when served on blue plates, I am eyeing this Matte Blue Dinnerware Set! Easy peasy dinner in under 30 minutes from Donna Hay's Oct-Nov 2015 issue.
Chicken, Lemongrass and Ginger Meatballs
- I lemongrass , white part only, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups cabbage shredded
- 2 carrots , peeled and shredded
- black sesame seeds to serve
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, lemongrass, ginger, oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon of the chili sauce and the bread crumbs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix to combine. Shape tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, stirring every so often, until they are browned and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Place the remaining chili sauce in a bowl and and add the cooked meatballs. Toss to coat and keep warm.
- Place the mayonnaise and lime juice in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the cabbage and carrots and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- To serve divide the slaw between 4 plates. Top with the meatballs and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Looking for more meatballs?
This week I am linking up with:
Amaze Me Monday |
Lou Lou Girls |
| The Scoop
The Hearth and Soul |
The SITS Girls |
Full Plate Thursday |
Thursday Favorite Things |
Friday Favorites |
Country Cook Weekend Potluck