You are going to love this easy chicken salad. Tart dried cherries add a sweet tang to this Chicken Salad in Lettuce Cups is a delicious rotisserie chicken salad, you'll make over and over again!
Post may contain affiliate links, full disclosure in sidebar.
Rotisserie Chicken Salad
Why yes, this is another recipe using rotisserie chicken. Perhaps I should change the name of the blog to "I Buy a Rotisserie Chicken Once a Week and Here is What I do With It." It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Though I suppose it's a tad long. Even as I am typing this in, I went grocery shopping this morning and there is a rotisserie chicken chilling out in my fridge.
Tonight's dinner will use the legs and thighs in a riff on Zuni Cafe's Roasted Chicken and Bread Salad and tomorrow the breast meat is going into a curried chicken salad. The bones get stashed in the freezer until I have enough to make stock or sometimes they get tossed into a chicken soup, just to add some of that bone broth goodness.
Easy Chicken Salad
Of course, you could easily roast your own chicken and I do all the time, but there is something about grocery shopping day, that just makes me want to not cook. Luckily there are so many uses for a rotisserie chicken, I don't feel bad about buying one! Check out at the end of the post for some more ways I use rotisserie chicken!
I found this easy Chicken Salad in Lettuce Cups at Cooking Light. It's super easy and what intrigued me were the dried cherries! They really added a tart sweetness to the salad. This makes a lovely lunch or even a light dinner with a glass of chardonnay. Now, as is the case with a lot of Cooking Light recipes, the serving size is pretty small. It says that it serves 6. It only served 4 of us.
Chicken Salad in Lettuce Cups
- ¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded skinless , boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 green onions , white and light green parts, chopped
- 6 Bibb lettuce leaves
- ⅓ cup tart dried cherries
- Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken, parsley and onions. Toss to combine. Place a lettuce leaf on each plate and divide the chicken salad among the plates. Top with the cherries.
Some other salads made using rotisserie chicken: