The Floridita Daiquiri Cocktail is an easy and delicious daiquiri variation! Named after the historic bar in old Havana, this daiquiri will make you feel like you are sitting next to Hemingway enjoying a favorite tipple.
Daiquiri Cocktail Variations
There are as many daiquiri variations as there are stars in the sky.
Okay, not really, but it seems like it.
First of all - What is a Daiquiri? A simple daiquiri is made up of three ingredients: rum, lime and sugar. With only 3 ingredients, you can see why there is plenty of room to play with a daiquiri.
The Floridita or el Floridita is one of our favorite classic rum cocktails. It is similar to a Hemingway daiquiri, but Hemingway liked grapefruit juice in his. By the way, if you look up a Floridita cocktail in an old cocktail book, it is also called Daiquiri No. 1!
Ingredients to Make a Floridita Daiquiri Cocktail
- Maraschino Liqueur - the ingredient that makes this a Floridita and not a regular daiquiri. While you have the bottle handy, try a Double Cherry Old Fashioned!
- Rum - you use a white rum for daiquiris.
- Lime Juice - fresh squeezed. We squeeze ours in batch, enough for about 4-6 cocktails and store it in the fridge.
- Simple Syrup - we make ours also in batch and store it in the fridge. It will keep for about a month in the fridge. Simple syrup is just equal parts water and sugar, heated in a pan, stirred until the sugar dissolves.
How to Make an el Floridita
Begin by chilling your coupe glasses. You can store them in the freezer, but you have to be careful not to break them! We like to just fill our glasses with ice, while we prepare the rest of the cocktails.
Into a cocktail shaker, add 2 ounces of white rum.
Next add 3/4 ounce of fresh lime juice to the shaker.
Pour 1 teaspoon of Maraschino liqueur into the shaker. Note - Maraschino liqueur is clear, not red, even though it's a cherry liqueur!
Add 1 teaspoon of simple syrup to the shaker.
Add ice to the shaker, just slightly above the amount of liquid.
Place the lid on and shake for 30 seconds. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a lime wheel.
We loved this easy daiquiri variation. If you look for other Floridita cocktail recipes, you might find quite a few that are frozen. We love frozen daiquiris, but decided to not do that with this one, mainly because it was so cold outside!
Yes, we drink daiquiris all year long, straight in the winter, frozen in the summer. If you want to make this frozen, add about 1 1/2 cups of ice with the other ingredients and give it a whirl in the blender.
More Delicious Daiquiri Recipes to Love:
- Classic Frozen Daiquiri
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri
- Frozen Mango Daiquiri
- The Best Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
If you make this I would love it if you would leave a star rating!
Floridita Daiquiri Cocktail
- 2 ounces white rum
- 3/4 ounce lime juice fresh
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- 1 tsp Maraschino liqueur
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the cocktail shaker about 1/2 full of ice.
- Shake for 30 seconds and strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.