Tomatoes are topped with an oregano and parmesan topping, making this Parmesan Roasted Tomatoes the most delicious and easiest side dish ever!
Post may contain affiliate links, full disclosure on sidebar.
The Easiest Summer Side Dish!!
Are you looking for the easiest summer side dish? Well, look no further, these Parmesan Roasted Tomatoes are so easy and so delicious. We are not quite hitting tomato season here yet, but when we do, I am ready.
I adore tomatoes, when I was little (and still today), I would eat them like apples. Holding them in my hand and taking a big bite. But sometimes by the time the end of summer gets here, I’m like…what am I going to do with all these tomatoes.
Grilling the Tomatoes Would Also Work!
By the end of the summer we’ve had them every which way possible. Then I stumbled on Eating Well’s Baked Parmesan Tomatoes. It sounded perfect! And it was! So ridiculously easy. The perfect balance of sweet tomatoes to tangy Parmesan.
You can see that for my dinner, I just shredded some lettuce, grilled a steak and while the steak was resting, I roasted the tomatoes. Now, I could have done the tomatoes on the grill too, but it was soooo hot outside, that once the steaks were done, I headed inside. If you are doing them on the grill, I would suggest a grill pan.
Roasted Parmesan Tomatoes
- 4 tomatoes halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place the tomatoes on the bkaing sheet. In a small bowl mix togther the Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Top each tomato with the Parmesan mixture and drizzle with oil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
Looking for more tomato recipes: