You can easily turn these Baja Fish and Avocado Tostadas into Baja Fish Tacos by just warming the tortilla instead of toasting it! However, I love the crunch of a tostada – it’s like a Mexican pizza!
Easy Healthy Fish Recipe
This my friends is what summer eating is all about! This fish tostada recipe is so easy, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you have dinner on the table!
This is my dinner of choice on a Sunday evening when I am doing my made up job. You know, the one where I have to drink wine so that I can write a review. That job.
Baja Fish Tostadas with Avocado
The only problem with drinking half a bottle of wine (we are very big on keeping things even in the Sidewalk Shoes – we split the wine 50/50 – eyeballing every pour to make sure!), is that after consuming a half a bottle of wine, I have to make dinner. As you can imagine, dinner has to be easy, not involve sharp utensils, and not be too complicated so as not to spoil my wine buzz.
So, when I saw these Baja Fish and Avocado Tostadas from Cooking Light, they looked like a winner! The only thing was that they called for pan seared tilapia and tortillas crisped up in the oven. That’s using the stove and the oven – too much, and besides I didn’t want to have to come in from the back porch – so I changed it all over to the grill. Super easy and super fast.
Before drinking the wine, I did a little meal prep by slicing the radishes. I also cut open the avocado, removed the pit, and made a little checkerboard of cuts and put the two sides back together, ready to be spooned out on the tostadas!
When it was time to grill (I have a propane – don’t worry I’m not trying to light charcoal), I just brought out the salt and peppered fish, the tostadas and some spray olive oil.
The Best Tilapia Tacos!
I lightly misted the tortillas and toasted them on the grill. Then sprayed the fish and grilled it on a small perforated grate. Easy peasy. Then I just had to assemble the tostadas! This is a very simple tostada. There is no salsa or sauce, you simply squirt a lime on top. We liked it this way, but feel free to add any other toppings that you would like!
If you want another easy tilapia recipe, be sure and try my broiled tilapia! It’s easy and healthy just like this recipe. Tilapia broils so nicely and it’s topped with a tangy yogurt sauce!
And if you’re looking for more fish tacos – try these spicy fish tacos. They are grilled and topped with a zesty slaw!
Baja Fish and Avocado Tostada
- 4 6 inch whole grain tortillas
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 avocados , diced or sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 8 radishes thinly sliced
- one lime
- oil misting spray
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Lightly mist tortillas with oil and place directly on hot grill. Grill for about 1 minute on one side, flip and continue for one more minute. Watch them because some grills are hotter than others! Remove to platter.
- Spray a grated pan with the oil and place on the grill. Lightly spray the fish and place on the pan. Grill for about 1-2 minutes and then flip and continue grilling for about 1-2 minutes more or until fish is cooked through. Remove to platter.
- Place tortillas on plates, top with radishes, fish, cilantro and avocado and serve with lime wedges.