These Bourbon Candied Pecans take pecans to a whole new level! So easy to make and incredibly delicious! Perfect to snack on use them to top salads!
Last week, I remade an old recipe post, Chicken Cutlets with Strawberry Avocado Salsa (new photos coming soon!) The next day, I decided I wanted to turn the rest of the chicken and the salsa into a salad. I had some blueberries in the fridge that would be perfect.
All I needed was a yummy salad topping.
Looking around, I spotted a bag of pecans. Candied nuts are one of my favorite salad toppings and they would be so good on this fruit and chicken salad. Making candied pecans is so easy, but I wondered if there was a way to kick it up a notch.
Turns out there is! I paged through several cookbooks and magazines for ideas and found in an old 2014 Donna Hay magazine a recipe for Pavlova topped with whiskey pecans! The pecans sounded like they would be amazing on my salad!
Ingredients in Bourbon Candied Pecans
- Toasted Pecans - since you are cooking these on the stove and not in the oven, you want to give them a quick toast first. You can do it right in the pan that you are going to cook them in. Just turn the heat to medium high and add the pecans. Stirring them, keep an eye on them, they can from toasted to dark quickly.
- Sugar - white, superfine if you can find it.
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract - I used my Homemade Vanilla Extract.
- Bourbon - or whiskey.
How to Make Candied Pecans
- Step 1 - Gather Your Ingredients - pecans, brown sugar, white sugar, whiskey, and vanilla extract.
- Step 2 - Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add all the ingredients into a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for about 6-7 minutes or until golden and syrupy. Stir during the last minute.
- Step 3 - Quickly spoon out the pecans onto the parchment lined baking sheet and spread them out as best you can. Let cool and then break apart.
Bourbon Candied Pecans
That's it, that's all there is to making these amazingly delicious candied pecans. We used them on that salad and then I put the rest in a container sitting on the counter. They make a great snack and would be perfect on an appetizer tray.
These are the best candied pecans and would also make great gifts! I'll have to remember to share these around Christmas time - because a jar of these and a bottle of bourbon would make some of my friends and family very happy!
These Candied Pecans Would be Great On
Bourbon Candied Pecans
- 1 cup pecans toasted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar superfine
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pecans, both sugars, vanilla extract and bourbon in the pan. Stir to combine.
- Let cook for about 6-7 minutes. It will begin to boil and turn a dark amber color. Stir at the very end.
- Quickly pour out the pecans onto the baking sheet and spread them as best you can. Let them cool and then break apart.
- Store in an airtight jar.