Cape Cod Cocktail
I was trying to come up with some pretty pink cocktails for Valentine's Day and Mother's Day - even though I enjoy a pretty cocktail any time of the year. I was using my raspberry vodka, which turns every cocktail into a pretty cocktail.
I came across the Cape Cod Drink, also called The Cape Codder Cocktail and also called a Vodka Cranberry. Two ingredients - vodka and cranberry juice. It doesn't get much easier than that!
A bottle of cranberry juice was sitting in the fridge from making a Double Cranberry Cosmopolitan, so I was all set.
Ingredients to Make a Cape Codder Cocktail
- Vodka - we like to support our local businesses whenever we can, so we are using a Chattanooga vodka - Lass and Lions.
- Cranberry Juice - we had unsweetened cranberry juice in the fridge, so that is what we used. Can use sweetened and then you wouldn't need the simple syrup. We prefer to use unsweetened because then we can control the sweetness level ourselves.
- Simple Syrup - since we used unsweetened cranberry juice, we used simple syrup to bump up the sweetness a bit. For an interesting variation, try Ginger Simple Syrup.
- Lime wheel - for garnish.
Steps for Making a Vodka Cranberry Cocktail
This easy cocktail is built in glass, meaning you simply pour the ingredients over ice in your glass, stir, garnish and serve. No need to get the cocktail shaker out!
Begin by measuring out 3 ounces of cranberry juice and 2 ounces of vodka.
If your cranberry juice was unsweetened, measure 1/2 ounce of simple syrup. You can always add more if you want your drink a little sweeter.
Fill a rocks glass with ice and add the cranberry juice, simple syrup and vodka.
Stir for about 20-30 seconds to chill and properly dilute the drink. Garnish with a lime wedge!
That's it, you've just made the easiest vodka cocktail!
This is an easy cocktail that everyone needs to know how to make! It's so easy, there really is hardly any making involved, so it's more a matter of just knowing that vodka and cranberry juice make a pretty, tart and delicious cocktail!
More Easy Vodka Cocktails
If you're looking for another fruity cranberry cocktail, try this Fruity and Delicious Raspberry Cosmopolitan.
Another easy vodka cocktail that uses vodka and fruit juice is the Greyhound Cocktail, it uses vodka and grapefruit juice!
You're probably familiar with whiskey sours, but you definitely need to try a New England Vodka Sour! Vodka, grapefruit juice and maple syrup make a sweet, tart and delicious cocktail.
If you make this I would love it if you would comment and leave a rating!
Cape Cod Cocktail
- 3 ounces Cranberry Juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup optional
- Fill a rock's glass with ice.
- Add cranberry juice and vodka to glass. Add simple syrup if using.
- Stir. Garnish with a lime wedge.