There are Chicken Tacos and there are Chorizo Tacos. Put them together and you get Chicken and Chorizo Tacos! Ground chicken gets a flavor boost from the chorizo in these easy and delicious tacos.
Post may contain affiliate links, full disclosure on sidebar.
Chicken Tacos meets Chorizo Tacos
Lately tacos have become one of my favorite foods to cook. Tacos were probably one of the first things I ever cooked, though I confess that I used one of those taco kits, that comes with everything but the ground beef, you know what I'm talking about. Nothing wrong with those at all. I've rarely met a taco that I didn't like. However, I have discovered a whole other world of Tacos.
Use Dry Cured Chorizo!
I like to have a take away from a recipe. An a-ha moment. A why-didn't-I-think-of-that moment. This chicken and chorizo taco recipe had a big one. A one that I am going to use as often as I can. I love dry cured Chorizo sausage. I always thought it had limited uses because it is so tough and chewy. Well, leave it to Donna Hay to come up with the perfect solution. You just chop up the sausage and put it in a food processor and process until it's finely chopped!
Chicken and Chorizo Tacos in Under 30 Minutes
It's perfect. It gives you little chewy, spicy bits of sausage with go perfectly with the mild ground chicken. Genius! I found this recipe in the Donna Hay Feb/Mar 2015 issue. The only thing I did differently is that she said to use the black beans as a topping and I just went on ahead and stirred them into the chicken chorizo mixture to let them warm up a bit. You seriously have to make these tacos. They are so good. And ready in easily under 30 minutes!
Chicken and Chorizo Tacos
- 9 oz air-dried chorizo casings removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 8 small tortillas warmed
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 16 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- chili sauce and lime wedges to serve
- Place the chorizo in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken, chorizo, garlic, chile pepper flakes salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the clumps with a wooden spoon, for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in black beans.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas. Top with the avocado, sour cream and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and chili sauce.
Some other tacos you might like:
This week I am linking up with:
Amaze Me Monday |
Lou Lou Girls |
| The Scoop
The Hearth and Soul |
The SITS Girls |
Full Plate Thursday |
Thursday Favorite Things |
Friday Favorites |
Country Cook Weekend Potluck