Looking for Healthy Nachos? Looking for Chicken Nachos? Chicken and corn with lavash crackers and a jalapeno yogurt topping make these Healthy Chicken and Corn Nachos so delicious!
Post may contain affiliate links, full disclosure on sidebar.
Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
I don’t know about you, but I collect recipes to use rotisserie chicken like they are priceless. Which they are! Even if you don’t buy a rotisserie chicken and you roast your own (good for you!) it’s good to have some favorite recipes that use cooked chicken. It’s even better if the recipe is a healthy chicken recipe like these Healthy Chicken and Corn Nachos.
Healthy Chicken and Corn Nachos
I found this recipe in Donna Hay’s Fresh and Light magazine, which is no longer being produced! This was from issue #6. I’m trying to make as many recipes as I can from the magazine, because they aren’t supporting the app after October and won’t guarantee that we can continue to read the magazine after that! I am not real happy about it!
However, I am happy with this recipe. This is a perfect way to use shredded rotisserie chicken, or you can do like I did and use your Instant Pot to make Instant Pot Poached Chicken Breasts or even start with frozen breasts and do Frozen Chicken Breasts in an Instant Pot. An easy take away from this recipe was the jalapeño yogurt! Simply process yogurt with pickled jalapeño peppers for a spicy topping!
If you’re looking for more recipes to use rotisserie chicken you might like:
Chicken and Corn Nachos
- 3 Lavash Breads cut into triangles
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp black chia seeds
- 2 ears corn kernels sliced off
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 2 tbsp chives chopped
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- 4 lime wedge to serve
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place the bread on 2 large baking sheets and brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with the chia seeds and salt. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the corn and saute for 4-5 minutes or until lightly charred.
- To make the Jalapeño yogurt, place the yogurt, pickled jalapeños and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Using an immersion or handheld blender, blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, place the chicken, corn and half the dressing. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the bread between plates and top with the chicken and corn mixture and the chives, fresh jalapeño and remaining dressing. Serve with lime wedge.
This week I am linking up with:
Amaze Me Monday |
Lou Lou Girls |
| The Scoop
The Hearth and Soul |
The SITS Girls |
Full Plate Thursday |
Thursday Favorite Things |
Friday Favorites |
Country Cook Weekend Potluck