This Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula is an easy and delicious flatbread pizza! Creamy mozzarella and crispy prosciutto are topped with lemony and peppery arugula for a gourmet pizza that is amazing!
Arugula on Pizza
There is a restaurant in Chattanooga that is near the Tivoli Theater. We have season tickets to the musicals at the theater, so we eat at Alimentari quite often. Being creatures of habit we almost always get the same thing – a salad and their prosciutto pizza.
Their prosciutto pizza is amazing with prosciutto, arugula, house made mozzarella and provolone.
If you’ve never had arugula on pizza, you have to give it a try! It’s so good. It may sound funny, but believe me, you have to give it a try. The lemony, peppery arugula contrasts beautifully with the creamy mozzarella and the salty, crispy prosciutto. It brightens it and cuts through the richness of the cheese and prosciutto.
Ingredients in this Easy Flatbread Pizza
Let’s talk about the ingredients in this delicious pizza!
Flatbread – use your favorite flatbread or naan bread, can use whole grain if you prefer.
Mozzarella Cheese – do not use the preshredded mozzarella. You want to buy it in balls or logs, fresh is great!
Prosciutto – comes thinly sliced. Substitutes for prosciutto – pancetta or already cooked and crumbled bacon.
Arugula – baby arugula is the best. Substitutes for arugula – watercress, dandelion, radicchio, or baby spinach.
Olive oil and lemon juice – to dress the arugula.
Steps for Making Prosciutto Pizza
Begin by brushing your flatbread with a little olive oil and toasting it directly on the oven rack in a 450 degree oven for about 3-4 minutes. While it’s toasting, thinly slice the mozzarella cheese and tear the prosciutto into smaller bite sized pieces.
Remove the flatbread from the oven and place it on a baking sheet. Top with the mozzarella and prosciutto. Bake for about 5-6 minutes.
While it’s baking, toss the arugula with olive oil and lemon juice. Remove the pizza from the oven and top with with arugula. The heat from the pizza will wilt it a bit.
Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula
This pizza is so good! It has everything going for it! It looks and tastes gourmet, but it is so easy. This is pretty enough for company, but easy enough for a lunch for one at home.
The flatbread gets nice and crispy from a slight prebake. The mozzarella cheese is ooey gooey and perfectly browned. The prosciutto crisps up into salty little meaty bits and the peppery, lemony arugula just put it over the top.
You can easily make this for a luncheon or a light dinner.
Looking for More Delicious Pizza Recipes?
If you want even more pizza recipes, be sure and follow my Pizza Recipes Board on Pinterest.
Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula
- 2 naan breads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for brushing
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 1/2 ounces prosciutto thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. Brush naan breads with a little olive oil and place directly on oven rack. Bake for about 3-4 minutes.
- Thinly slice the mozzarella and tear the prosciutto into smaller pieces.
- Remove the flatbread from the oven and place on a baking sheet. Top with the mozzarella and then the prosciutto. Place back in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes or until desired degree of crispness.
- While the pizza is baking, toss the arugula with the the olive oil and the lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with arugula. Cut into serving size.