Naan pizza is a delicious and easy weeknight dinner that you can have on the table in under 30 minutes! This will become a family favorite with barbecue sauce, chicken, bacon, and smoked gouda cheese! Top with cilantro if you’re a cilantro lover!
Naan or Flatbread Pizza
Have you discovered the joy that is flatbread pizza? Don’t get me wrong, I know it’s not going to take the place of a pizza made with a perfect hand tossed crust. But you know what it does do? It allows you to have pizza any day of the week in under 30 minutes!
Any type of flatbread works great, I like to use naan, I love it’s organic shape and bubbles of risen dough.
Using flatbread or naan for pizza allows you to be even more creative in your toppings. We absolutely love the sweet and tangy combination in this Fig, Brie, Prosciutto and Walnut Pizza. I am also a firm believer in that everything is better with an egg on it, proven with this Croque Madame Pizza.
How to Make Flatbread Pizza
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 450. Dice bacon and onion. Saute bacons and onion over medium high heat.
Step 2 – Grate smoked gouda cheese.
Step 3 – Bacon should be crispy and onions browned after about 8-10 minutes.
Step 4 – shred rotisserie (or cooked) chicken.
Step 5 – Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place pizza on foil and brush with barbecue sauce.
Step 6 – Top with chicken, bacon onion mixture, and shredded cheese. Bake for about 5-8 minutes. Top with cilantro before serving.
Barbeque Chicken Flatbread Pizza
You will not believe how delicious this easy naan pizza is! The flavors all balance together perfectly! The tang of the barbecue sauce, the chicken, the bacon and then that smoked gouda on top. Amazing!!
Tips for this naan pizza:
If you want a crisper crust, place a rack on the baking sheet and place the pizzas on the rack.
If you have any leftover chicken meat, combine it with some of the barbecue sauce and some of the smoked gouda cheese in a tortilla for a tasty quesadilla!
Looking for More Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken
Barbecue Chicken, Bacon and Cilantro Pizza
- 1 cup chicken breast meat shredded from a rotisserie chicken
- 2 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup smoked gouda shredded
- 2 naan breads
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Saute bacon and onions over medium high heat until bacon is crips and onions are slightly caramelized about 8-10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place naan breads on the sheet. Spread the barbecue sauce over each one. Top with the shredded chicken. Divide the onions and bacon between the two. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven until heated through and cheese is melted, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with fresh cilantro sprinkled on top.